1st Choice Windows and Shutters LLC. is committed to providing our customers with the most accurate education available on the products we offer to help you make the best choice for you and your property.
In this article, We explain the benefits of purchasing a door constructed of fiberglass in the South West Florida area. Lets start off with a few points about fiberglass doors:
• Realistic wood grains are available and are authentic replications
• CFC-Free polyurethane closed cell foam core to save energy
• Resistance to extreme temperature fluctuations, perfect for Florida’s climate
• Doors and side lite frames will not rot, warp, split or crack
• Easily painted or stained to match your existing details or create new ones
• Energy Star® qualified for a variety of door configurations
Fiberglass doors provide the beauty and warmth of real wood with the durability and sustainability of fiberglass. In our South West Florida climate, we experience high levels of humidity that can ruin real wood. Our competitors are using wood frames on their fiberglass doors, allowing the frames to rot before the door reaches it’s life expectancy. We use a wood free composite material that will never rot, crack or peel.
These fiberglass doors offer strength and beauty all in the same package, where function does not have to ruin form. When selected, we install stainless steel hinges to provide years of use in the harsh salty conditions.